20120115-First Board Meeting
I might have made a mistake or two somewhere in my process of note-making. I tend to both write like a doctor and forget quickly! Feel free to adapt the text. LouriePieterse 15:11, 15 January 2012 (UTC)
- Kerryn McKay
- Charlene Foster
- David Richfield
- Rosanne van der Merwe
- Lourie Pieterse
We decided to follow the same route as the WMF regarding the [| SOPA initiative]. Further we are going to contact the following people in the media to raise some South African awareness.
- Johann van Tonder (Naspers)
- Jan Vermeulen (MyBroadband)
It is one of the top priorities to sort the chapter registration out. Kerryn will report back to us regarding this.
- We must still decide on a physical location to host/keep chapter items (documents, bank statements, merchandise, etc.).
Communications Committee list
Anyone from the chapter's admin team who wants to be on the above list can subscribe to it at this link: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wmfcc-l.
There is a discussion page about this topic here: Wikimedia South Africa/Regional conference. We decided on the following:
- We are going to approach the India chapter and ask for advice regarding the lessons they have learnt.
- We are further going to start informal discussions with the Kenya chapter regarding the event.
- Also contact Peter Gallert from the Polytechnic of Namibia regarding their education model.
- As with the Wits workshop we propose that the African Commons Project do the event organising for us.
- It is the plan to invite presentations to the event, similar to what is done at the Wikimania.
- We would further like to discuss a paid editing model at this conference. Add a GLAM Africa side event to the Conference schedule and invite participation and support from known GLAM veterans,as well as local and regional institutions, namely Africa Cultural Centre, Bloemfontein Museum, Swaziland National Archive.
We discussed the importance of someone attending this meeting. Kerryn and Charlene will report back on their availability.
We discussed the importance of this meeting and the need for there to be more prominence given to women active in the Wiki community. It was agreed that Charlene would attend.
It was decided that David and Lourie will represent the chapter at this year's chapters meeting.