From Wikimedia ZA
- Date: 24 November 2013
- Time: 10h00pm to 15h00pm
- Venue: Premier Hotel
- Theresa Hume
- Douglas Scott
- Dumisani Ndubane
Things we need to sort out within Wikimedia ZA Chapter.
- Getting business cards for: Dumi, Douglas, Theresa, Isla, Bobby, David, Maarten
- E-mail addresses: need to get email addresses for everyone. Contact David R about this.
- Post box: need to change to a Cape Town post box.
- New post box
- Remind Dumi about checking the old one and
- Update our company profile with new P.O. Box
- Filing: Keeping Google Dcos for now. Keeping hard copies for at least 5 years. Explore the idea of using Dropbox to phase out Google Docs.
- Setup a petty cash: R2 000 into Theresa's other account. Will needed to be reported on (to the Directors) a monthly basis.
- Sort out payroll issue (get a payslip for Theresa and sort out income tax) with a payroll company- urgently (done by 25th December 2013). [Theresa]
- Wiki-community outreach
- Introductory e-mail, facebook & blog (website) introducing Theresa to the community and her responsibilities and the nature of grant. Also cover what we have achieved in 2013 (WLM, JHBpedia).
- Monthly update: e-mail, facebook & blog - updating people on what we have achieved over the past month.
- Sort out Membership Database for Wikimedia ZA chapter. Based on Existing List
- Setup a Paypal account.
Wiki Lovers Monuments ZA
- Sort out MOU with Andrew Hall at Heritage Western Cape.
- Contact Eric Itzkin about getting list of photographers
- Put up pictures and write about awards ceremony (website/blog)
- Thank you note to attendees at WKLM 2013
- Add survey contacts to database
- Link to Google Doc where the survey will be placed so that people can complete survey online. On Facebook as well
- Consolidate all expenses for event
- Report for WLM 2013 report due 90 days from 23rd November 2013 (23rd February 2014), deadline of 30th January 2014.
- Complete 2013 report and expenses [Dumi]
- Report to be sent to Wikimedia Foundation by the 27th November 2013. [Dumi]
- Expenses to be sent through on the 24th November 2014. [Dumi]
- Theresa to contact Jennifer for plaque pictures.
- Recommit the application for funds
- 25 ZA national scholarships
- 30 international scholarships
- German Chapter head (Catrin Schoneville) : friend is a video maker, try and contact her about possibly making a video for Wiki Indaba and possibly also Wikimania 2015 bid.
- two facilitators (non-Wiki related but with a background in phycology or organisation, students)
- Complete application by 30th November 2013.
Wikimania 2015: Cape Town
- Double check booking with Cape Town Convention Centre (CTICC) (July 2015), get an updated quote.
- Connect with CTICC and Cape Town Tourism on accommodation options for delegates.
- Cape Town Tourism: see how they can help promote the event and find sponsors.
- Reconnect with Wesgro about securing local sponsors and informing local tech sector of the event.
- Compiling a list of potential sponsors for the event and developing a value proposition for them
- Local sponsors [Isla]
- International [James Hare]
- Filming a promotion video
- Contact Victor G for possible contacts who can help
- Contact Cape Tourism and Wesgro