Template:/WLM Award Ceremony
Wiki Loves Monuments Award Ceremony
The Wiki Loves Monuments Award Ceremony took place on Saturday, 1 November 2014 in Cape Town.
This event, held at the Slave Church in Long Street, included an exhibition of the winning photographs. We would like to thank everyone who joined us for the event, all the judges who had the difficult task of choosing our winners and our sponsors!
- First Prize: Women's Memorial Under Rainy Sky by Leanri van Heerden
- Second Prize: R Aspeling Union Buildings by Robbie Aspeling
- Third Prize: Old Dovecote. Farm Onverwacht, (Die Bos), Somerset West. by Chris Snelling
- Best Picture of a Proposed Monument: Anglo Boer War Memorial by Vicki Pilcher
- 2nd Best Picture of a Proposed Monument: Shepherds hut, West Coat National Park by Lucinda Jolly
- Best Submission – Western Cape: Middle North Battery Simon's Town 9 inch Gun firing 24th September 2014 by Shane Swartz
- 2nd Best Submission – Western Cape: Verloren Vlei Heritage Village, Elands Bay 3 by Andrew Hall
- You can view all of the photographs submitted during Wiki Loves Monuments South Africa 2014 on Wikimedia Commons here.
- You can view all of the photographs submitted globally during 2014 on Wikimedia Commons here.
This year a grand total of 242,344 photographs were submitted internationally by 7,498 participants from all over the world totalling 1,287.9 gigabytes of submitted pictures. This is a decrease from last year's 369,589 photographs that were submitted globally in 2013 submitted by 11,943.
Remember Wiki Loves Monuments kicks of in September 2015