Operational Meeting 4 May 2022
From Wikimedia ZA
WMZA operational Meeting 19 April 2022
- Deon Steyn
- Micahel van Graaf
- Douglas Scott
- Hlezi Motha
- Nobantu Modise
- Khetiwe Marais
- Delight Chipunza
- Nazeem Hardy
- Bobby Shabangu
- Sincerity Lawrence
- Coenraad Loubser
- WikimediaZA has hired two new interns Hlezi Motha and Tshepiso Ngaleka, who will be working in the communications department closley with Bobby Shabangu, Nobuntu Modise and Shupai Mchuchu. Hlezi introduced herself to the board and the board introduced themselves to Hlezi who attended the operational meeting.
- Last week Douglas, Bobby and Deopn managed to get the BPO signatures, accountants have all the paperwork, to launch an applcation to SARS, waiting on their response. The bookeepers, didint remove Dumisani, from the CIPC he had to be included in the BPO application with his signature.
Khoe and Saan Launch
- The details left to Shupai, Michael has made the connection with the folks in regards to the lauch of the Khoe and saan lauch, so it can be formed into a usergroup.
- Members from Cape Town to edit Wikipedia Generally.
- if a place is not available the Chapter can provide, a space were the launch can be held. Shupai to confirm with Douglas, on the 20th of April on location, date and equipment which can be outsourced by Carmmissa Meseum.
Wiki Loves Fynbos
- Deon requests and is encouraged to contact botanists about Wiki Loves Fynbos 2022.
How to upload video
- Explenation on how to upload videos to Wikimedia Commons
- It was said there is no finance committee, for such projects, but the board can always decide if the project can be funded. The board meeting can show transparency on finances. The bookkeepers, Coenrad, Bobby and Douglas are sent invoice and needs to be approved by Douglas, Board member always have to be included in the actioning of payments.
Douglas work question
- Douglas has intended to provide managerial and training services for one day a week to the chapter in the next grant period.
- Suggestion to discuss this at the next board meeting on the 17 May 2022
- The easiest and most direct arrangement is best, not a fan of the proposed arrangement
- Douglas agrees to send an email to the board explaining it in detail.