To enable us to plan our work for 2016, we need a short session with as all project managers present. This session is called to plan for activities around Joburgpedia Schools writting competition.
|* Date: 12 January 2013||Nolubabalo Memese (ConhillEdu)|
|* Time: 10:00 - 20:30||Bobby Shabangu (Joburgpedia - WMZA)|
|* Venue: Concourt (JHB)||Dumisani Nduabane (Joburgpedia - WMZA)|
- Got funding for this year, but scarce on resources.
MOU to be drafted between ConhillEdu and Joburgpedia and to be signed the next meeting.
- Access to schools.
- Computers/Laptop - Hire well in advance.
- Connectivity - Data and wireless.
- Transportation for schools, payment. Nolu to provide service provider + quotation.
-- Bobby to check with CoJ on this. -- Nolu to provide base for catering, Average of R60 per kid.
- Funding application: March 1 - end of March for funds.
ConhillEdu to assit in contacting schools and volunteers
- Planning and recruiting: -- 20 schools: 3 kids per school. (Screen schools according to regions + transportation route) - Look at previous schools and add on to this. -- 20 Volunteers from ConhillEdu -- Target group: --- Grade 10 - 11. --
- - Training 1 (Volunteers) - 1st weekend in May (14 May 2016). (Vulunteer screening, their commitments and what support they will need)
- - Training 2 (Schools) - 1st weekend in May (21 May 2016). (Role of teachers and what support to offer them)
- 18 June - 20 August
- - Training 3 (Schools)
- - Competition start to end date.
- - Training 3 (Schools) 16 July.
Items to discuss at next meeting:
- Winning prizes:
- What the prices should be? - Possible sponsoships?
- Model of multi stakeholder approach on Wikipedia Education programme.
- What form of the org. - Sustainability.
02 April 2016 - 10h00 am.