Concept of Measures of success
- What are we trying to achieve with wikipedia? collecting sum of knowledge?
Measures of success
- Well defined goals yield --> clear measures of success.
- Who wants to know this any way? Project leads? WMF? and why?
- Financial accountability
- Impact analysis
- How to measure success without infringing on privacy?
- How do we measure legacy success.
- How to document and measure unexpected success?
Activating a reading Community
You need to have a reading community before you can expect an editing community. Barriers for reading communities:
- Accessibility: Access to technology.
- Make wikipedia more visible to these reading communities.
- Allow enough time for such a community to form.
Whose responsibility is it to create a reading community???
What other projects besides wikipedia that are suitable for new users?
- Reports, who reads them and where do the supporting documents reside?
WMFR came out with a concept of analysis areas where they are failing and document these. This to be done in a manner that is not self punitive but draws lessons from it...