Board Meeting 4 February 2020
From Wikimedia ZA
Board meeting for the 4 February 2020
- Douglas Scott
- How to overcome the bureaucratic hurdle of document signing. Consistent issue given that board members are spread across the country. Need a way to sign offical documents by multiple people quickly. Services such as Docusign <https://go.docusign.com/trial/za-goog-trynow/> being looked at as a way to possibly over come this issue.
- View on Copyright bill - we need to work out how to get it in the media? The letter that the chapter wrote is aviable on the WMZA website.
- WMZA has almost fully completed its half-year grant report and has notified the WMF of it. This report can be viewed on meta at the link here: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Simple/Applications/Wikimedia_South_Africa/2019#Mid-term_Report
- Our debtor agreed reimburse R12k by June, in email. If the debt is repayed by July then the board agrees to allow the WMZA to write off the rest.
- Rossouw asks about WMZA part in Wiki Loves Folk. WMZA needs a volunteer to drive the chapter's involvement in the competition. Rossouw agrees to reach out to the event organiser so WMZA can participate.
- Company admin to be updated this week, we still need to get some core admin completed that includes getting updated IDs from key board members. This includes removing Dumisani as a director of WMZA.
- We should approach WMF Chris to help package our strategy to WMF. A meeting will be scheduled with the board. Doodle pool created to find a date for this meeting: https://doodle.com/poll/cipc3u6wck7sa7dn
- Discussion about budget and admin support. Agreed to ask WMF if and how we can get an additional R150,000 in our annual grant to hire a contractor to do our admin. Administration support has been a consistent constraint on chapter growth and acitivities for many years now. Repeated requests to get this sort of support has been consistently denied and the WMZA needs to work on a plan with the WMF to overcome this issue.