Board Meeting 25 January 2022
WMZA Board Meeting ,25 January 2022
- Bobby Shabangu
- Deon Steyn
- Michael Graff
- Douglas Ian Scott
- Wynand van der Walt
- Nobantu Modise
- Delight Chipunza
- Coenraad Loubser
- Khetiwe Marais
- Discuss and vote on the suggestion to host board meetings once every two months and have operational meetings twice a month.
Board Members Update/Projects Update
- Shupai Meeting with Andre and Michael who is going to head the editing workshop and being assisted by Douglas
- Douglas working on WIPO with Shupai sending to members for their approval. The response has been positive for information to be shared.
Board Meeting Times
- Looking into board member meeting, we can focus on organisational matters.
- Proposal by Coenraad: to reduce the number of board meetings to take place once every two months and that operational meeting be held twice a month at the same time as the existing board meeting.
- Voted and supported unanimously - resolution is passed
Operational Meeting times
- Since Board meetings (happening once every two months on Tuesdays at 19:00) and operational meetings (happening every second Tuesday at 19:00); the board elects to have the operational meeting one hour before the board meeting should the two meetings take place on the same day.
- Next board meeting - 29 March 2022 at 19:00, the Operational Meeting for on the same day will therefore take place at 18:00.
operational meetings should be strategic. . Next Board meeting 29th of March 7 pm. the name of the meeting will change. A special meeting can always be called when matters arise.
Chapter member attendance of board/ops meetings
- Wynand suggests that the operational meetings (taking place twice a month on Tuesdays at 19:00 SAST) be open to everyone so partner organisations can join - this is broadly accepted.
- Community members can be invited to operational meeting and share their opinions. Operational meetings maybe boring for the public, board meetings can be a snapshot of what has been taking place. It was suggested that he board meetings can be open to community members. When meetings are open to the community, the chapter is inviting members of Wikimedia community, and this mostly appeals to stakeholders.
- An operational meeting can be held as an operational meeting. times needs to be stated. To replace the operational meeting from board meeting. It was suggested every first Thursday of the second to hold the board meeting, another suggestion that every 2 months a board meeting can be held one day (Tuesday) after the most recent operational meeting to get a full update.
Wikimedia SA Constitution
http://wikimedia.org.za/wiki/Constitution CIPC document was sent, a link was shared for the constitution of the chapter. The document needs to be amended for all parties involved. Article of association, there is some difference, and it needs to state whether its 3 members which are needed in a meeting to have a quorum or a 25% of members. Douglas meeting with folks who will state this quorum Quarter of directors needs to be present for a meeting to take place. Members encouraged to read the constitution document.
Afrikaans Wikipedia's Position in the Chapter
- Deon requesting more administrative support from chapter for Afrikaans Wikipedia.
- Deon asks the board to think about and discuss this matter further at the next board meeting.
- Notes that Afrikaans Wikipedia is exploring options to get said support from other Wikimedia Chapters.