Board Meeting 14 March 2018

From Wikimedia ZA
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

Wikimedia South Africa Board Meeting 14 Mar 2018 19h00

Present

  • Bobby
  • Ian

Apologies

  • Coenraad
  • Douglas

No quorum, so Bobby and Ian discussed plans for Wikimania, particularly scholarships.

Wikimania/South African scholarships

  • Bobby has distributed email with proposed content for landing page, Google Doc form.
  • Agreed that there is no need to include the part about judging criteria.
  • Agreed to add partial scholarships on the landing page and the application form.
  • Agree to deadline of this Friday for everyone to be able to edit the form and content (Bobby to email others)
  • After that we will place the form on the Wikimania ZA website, and promote this widely (Twitter, Facebook, main Wikimania site, banner on wikipedia) (Ian to add landing page to Wikimedia ZA)
  • The Wikimania deadline for talks is Sunday. This is far too soon as many locals do no yet know about the event and will miss the opportunity to present. Agree to speak to the Foundation to extend deadline for submission of presentation (to add two weeks) so that we can get the word out. (Bobby to follow up - chat to Douglas for contact)
  • We need to activate all channels to spread the word, suggest speaking to Isla getting the word out about deadline/scholarships etc. (Ian)
  • Add her to our facebook page as one of the adminstration (Ian)
  • We still do not know who is in charge of our Twitter handle. Ian followed up with David, Lourie. Louries believes it may be Dumi or Isla. (Ian to follow up)
  • Ian to find out process for submitting banners in case David is too busy.


Next meeting

  • Wed 21 Mar 7pm
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Organization
Get Involved
Wikimania 2018
Connect
Toolbox