Board Meeting 12 January 2021
From Wikimedia ZA
Board Meeting 15 December 2020 - 19:00 SAST
WMZA Board 15 Dec 2020
- Douglas (until 19:30 when I have to attend another meeting)
- Wynand van der Walt
- Michael Graaf
- Nobantu Modise
- Bobby Shabangu
- Deon Steyn
Wikipedia 20 birthday
- Who is doing what
- Bobby: Secured two speakers: Dumi and Klauss (Goethe Institute - Southern Africa) for GLAM Partners, Bobby also draft "personlised" e-mail for use to invite individuals that would be interested, and are potential strategic partners.
- Douglass, Nobantu, Dumi and Deon doing media interviews.
- Douglass doing press conference with Cape Town Press club on Tuesday 19 Jan 2021.
- Nobantu: Sent invite to Wikimedians that attended Wikimania 2018 event to compiling "happy birthday" videos to share at the event.
- Douglas: Press Club (NGO) presentation next Tuesday at 13:00, including: Diversity, Africa Language Support, Fighting Disinformation, Visibility; Regional context. Focus area increasing wikipedia editor base. Douglas will ensure links to streaming available.
- Deon:to do an inteview with Pretoria FM on Saturday at 14:30 about Wikipedia's 20th birthday, proporsal to ask for podcast and contact details for the producers of the show for database.
- Message: on Media Strategy
- Increase general awareness of Wikipedia and how it works
- Need for greater diveristy
- African language Wikipedias
- Expanding content (more Africa relavent content for example)
- Fighting disinformation/misinformation
- For Future Discussion: Do we invest in own streaming software? - Douglas
- Wynand: Bobby to share personalised messages of Invitation to the Wikipedia's birthday to board members to invite more participants from GLAM institutions.
- Wynand: proposed that Nobantu handle the PR and Communications of the Chapter: Proporsal accepted by the baord.
- Nobantu accepted.
- Next meeting: 19 Jan 2021