Board Meeting 09 March 2021
From Wikimedia ZA
Wikimedia South Africa Board meeting 2021-03-09 19:00
- Bobby Shabangu
- Coenraad Loubser
- Rossouw van Rooyen
- Michael Graaf
- Wynand vd Walt
- Nobantu Modise
- Deon Steyn
- Douglas Scott
WMF Board skills for work workshop
- Everyone is invited to join.
January/ February chapters finance presentation.
- Douglas to query Magriet R5000; SARS R506
- Coenraad to follow up on Payfast contributions
- Wynand needs to advertise and allocate before end of grant cycle (June?)
Projects update and projects for next cycle
- Wynand suggests a standard expense claim form Shupai please set it up
- Bobby reviewing project list - first item is University outreaches
- Wynand can us up with a way to reach out to all universities.
- Email to community members
- Bobby to set up a project suggestion form - Coenraad suggests adding a consent box to add the project to our website, so we can list all projects and templates on our website.
- Shupai please contact Deon to ask for the images he needs so you can include call on newsletter.
- Shupai planning to send out monthly newsletter on Friday - and will include link.
- We are losing track of a lot of things - eg. we didn't do anything about womens' month.
- Wynand's knowledge audit is an attempt to map out the knowledge and skills we have in the community.
- Coenraad suggests adding survey to newsletter
- Wynand suggests that board leads by example by saying what we do and what we're working on Nobantu
- Bobby suggests community survey right away
- Coenraad suggest ongoing community survey with just 1-2 questions each quarter or newsletter
- Wynand asks whether we can analyze edits from South Africa
Items standing over to next meeting
- Coenraad wants to allocate an amount of R5000/year for staff to spend at their discretion without waiting for board approval - for example Nobantu suggested we use a social media scheduler. I don't think the