Board Meeting 09 March 2021

From Wikimedia ZA
Jump to: navigation, search

Wikimedia South Africa Board meeting 2021-03-09 19:00

Contents

Attendance

Present:

  • Bobby Shabangu
  • Coenraad Loubser
  • Rossouw van Rooyen
  • Michael Graaf
  • Wynand vd Walt
  • Nobantu Modise
  • Deon Steyn

Apologies:

  • Douglas Scott

Agenda

Previous minutes

Not discussed

WMF Board skills for work workshop

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_Board_of_Trustees/Call_for_feedback:_Community_Board_seats/Conversations/Topic_panels/Topic_panel:_Skills_for_board_work?fbclid=IwAR14xyUd3qZtWTcxYFWHGVPNeEzH9St8srzWfNddHUvNxbGr440KH1JPQoo
Everyone is invited to join.

January/ February chapters finance presentation.

Douglas to query Magriet R5000; SARS R506
Coenraad to follow up on Payfast contributions

Research grant

Wynand needs to advertise and allocate before end of grant cycle (June?)

Projects update and projects for next cycle

Wynand suggests a standard expense claim form Shupai please set it up
Bobby reviewing project list - first item is University outreaches
Wynand can us up with a way to reach out to all universities.
Email to community members
Bobby to set up a project suggestion form - Coenraad suggests adding a consent box to add the project to our website, so we can list all projects and templates on our website.
Shupai please contact Deon to ask for the images he needs so you can include call on newsletter.
Shupai planning to send out monthly newsletter on Friday - and will include link.
We are losing track of a lot of things - eg. we didn't do anything about womens' month.

Knowledge Audit

Wynand's knowledge audit is an attempt to map out the knowledge and skills we have in the community.
Coenraad suggests adding survey to newsletter
Wynand suggests that board leads by example by saying what we do and what we're working on Nobantu
Bobby suggests community survey right away
Coenraad suggest ongoing community survey with just 1-2 questions each quarter or newsletter
Wynand asks whether we can analyze edits from South Africa

Items standing over to next meeting

Petty Cash

Coenraad wants to allocate an amount of R5000/year for staff to spend at their discretion without waiting for board approval - for example Nobantu suggested we use a social media scheduler. I don't think the
Personal tools
Namespaces

Variants
Actions
Organization
Get Involved
Wikimania 2018
Connect
Toolbox