Wikipedia Primary School Edit-a-Thon
Want to make a difference to the foundation phase of Education in South Africa?
Then join us for the first Wikipedia Primary School edit-a-thon to help add and improve articles on Wikipedia that are important to primary school children in South Africa.
Wikipedia is meant to be an education tool but experiences have shown us that once accessible, Wikipedia does not provide information that responds directly to curriculum-based questions. Wikipedia Primary relies on Wikipedia as an existing and growing resource, it solves the need for an encyclopedia capable of responding to curriculum-based questions, and it fosters Wikipedia content, quality and outreach.
The themes for these edit-a-thons are :
- South African women leaders and issues around women
- South Africa’s indigenous people
- Good news stories affecting the youth [e.g., discoveries, inventions and policies].
- Dates : 19 and 26 February 2016
- Where : American Corner, Central Library, Old Drill Hall, cnr Parade and Darling Streets
- Time : 15:00 - 18:00
- Cost : Absolutely free
Refreshments and light snacks will be provided.
To read more about this project, please visit the Wikipedia Primary School Programme
Please RSVP for these events via Eventbrite