Board Meeting 5 May 2016
From Wikimedia ZA
Revision as of 23:00, 7 February 2017 by Slashme
The Board Meeting was held via Skype on 5 May 2016, from 20h00 to 21h30
- Douglas Scott
- Dumisani Ndubane
- Ian Gilfillan
- Bobby Shabangu
- Pria Chetty (maternity leave)
- Deon Steyn
- Liebe Brand
Berlin Chapters conference feedback
- Douglas reported back from the Berlin Chapters conference
- Some concerning discussions, such as the idea of the Wikimedia Foundation becoming a start-up rather than an NGO (roundly condemned), but on the whole positive efforts to support strong candidates that can stand up for community interests, and stand up to non-elected board members if necessary.
- Board agreed to cast votes for Nataliia and Christophe as well, in addition to Lodewijk and Maarten, agreed previously.
- Agreement to open a 2nd bank account, as required by Wikimedia Foundation, to be used for income other than that from the Foundation.
- Agreement that Douglas should get his own login to the bank account
- SMS notifications currently go to Dumi and Douglas, and only include access notifications, not details of the transactions. These will be requested. Ideally notifications should go to one other board member as well (no volunteers from those present!).
Dumi to work on the two outstanding grant reports for 2015 (Kiwix and WMZA Annual funding). See Grant Admin.