Board Meeting 29 June 2021
From Wikimedia ZA
Revision as of 10:28, 5 July 2021 by Bobbyshabangu
29 June 2021
- The proposal from Code for Africa to support their Wiki Mali community support project.
- Preparations for Wikimedia ZA AGM in September and start work on the 2020/21 end of year report
- Update on Shupai’s condition and onboarding to start working again.
- Moleskin Foundation presentation to the board on Afrocuration
Michael Graaf Bobby Shabangu Rossouw Van Rooyen Papa Baiden ( Moleskin) Kirsty from Moleskin Nobantu Modise Delight Chipunza Douglas Scott Coenraad Loubser
Moleskin Foundation: Afrocuration project and WiR.
- Papa was joined by Kirsty from Moleskin Foundation to talk about Afrocuration project:
- South African acitivity and support from the Chapter
- Several African projects are currently running across the AFrican contintent through and this includes, Morroco, Mozambique, South Africa and Zimbambwe
- There are 5 events that are taking place within South Africa and Constitution Hill is the partner focusing on youth.
- 2nd Partner is African Leadership Academy. (ALA) : they are working with very young enterpreneurs,
- Moleskin will provide us with time schedule to support the Afrocuration project in South Africa.
- Wikimedian in Residence: Selection process is still underway, there are 17 strong applicants.
- Efforts in Mozambique: WikimediaZA to send Mozambiquan contact to enabled support in Mozambique.
- Shupai is showing signs of improvement,
- She has been discharged from hospital and currently sees a physiotherapist to help restore her mobility again.
- She asked to take on low key tasks which will be part of her training to assist with her restoration.
- She was asked to send a letter pointing out a list of tasks which she can do, these included:
organising meetings and taking minutes.
- She will only do tasks that require typing but not outreach where she would have to interact with partners or community.
- Shupai asked for a bed table to enable her sit on bed while working
- The board supported purchasing of a bed table for Shupai.
Code for Africa Wiki Mali support
- Code for Africa an organisation that supports journalism and open data is applying for funding from Google to support Wiki Mali UG and are asking for WikimediaZA's endorsement.
- Endorsement letter was approved.
- WikimediaZA to review the endorsement letter, make changes and send back to them.
Preparations for Wikimedia ZA AGM
- It was agreed by the meeting that preparations for AGM needs to start now for the meeting to be hosted in September and start work on the 2020/21 end of year report.
- Meeting was adjourned and the next meeting will take place on 13 July.