Board Meeting 24 November 2020
From Wikimedia ZA
Wikimedia Board meeting - 24 November 2020
- List of members: https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/admin/wikimediaza/members
- Coenraad will check if anyone has been missed.
- Douglas is preparing the presentation for Saturday. Financials are ready, but not audited financials.
- Airtime for applicants: 2 applications received to date. Douglas will buy and contact the applicants closer to Saturday.
- Douglas to present the theory of change as part of the presentation.
- Bobby and Adri to co-host + take pictures.
Climate Change event
- Currently happening and Rossouw is attending. Running till Saturday, everyday 13:00 - 14:30
- United Nations are also involved and will show carbon emmissions per country.
- December event: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8iGlq1HBAFtW0T8OVjo_wIWajD-aKUfWBu5i3bgWdY/edit
Cape Town Press Club
- Douglas will be presenting Wikipedia's 20th birthday at the Press Club the 2nd week of January.
- Need name suggestions:
- Wikipedia doesn't work in theory, but does in practise
- Wikipedia reaches its majority
- The 7th largest website in the world, the answer may surprise you.
- If you're a Zulu Wikipedian, you're one in a thousand
- Wikipedia-20, the path to radical inclusion
- Suggestion: Bobby or Left-Centre-Right to reach out to the Zulu editor that has contributed 3000 articles this year.
Wikimedia Movement Strategy Summit
- Took place Friday - Sunday; looking at how groups are wanting the recommendations changed.
- over 300 people participated
Hiring committee update
- 28 Nov is the deadline.
- The hiring committee will meet from 1 Dec and review the applications.
- Adri to setup a meeting for Wednesday 2 Dec