Board Meeting 18 June 2019

From Wikimedia ZA
(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
Line 92: Line 92:
===Next Meeting===
===Next Meeting===
* Tue 02 July 7pm
* Tue 02 July 7pm
[[Category:Board meetings]]

Latest revision as of 21:59, 13 September 2019


[edit] Wikimedia ZA Board meeting - 18 June 2019

[edit] Attendance

  • Michael Graaf
  • Ian Gilfillan
  • Rossouw
  • Coenraad
  • Adri Baard
  • Bobby Shabangu

[edit] Apologies

  • Deon Steyn
  • Douglas

[edit] Agenda

[edit] Previous minutes

[edit] Wiki Loves Africa 2019 - Report

[edit] Survey for Wikipedia ZA

  • Been some email discussion

[edit] Wikimania Scholarships

  • Douglas and Bobby going
  • Judges - David Richfield, Dumisane, Martin (German chapter)
  • Number of applications
  • Ian will send out more reminders closer to time

[edit] Hackathon update

  • Dragging out, making things complicated, may be better off doing ourselves
    • Also problems with phone conference
    • Sentech wants to follow the manual to the letter, including server setup - Coenraad offered help, Michael and Coenraad will discuss
  • Reuben has got involved too which is great

[edit] Afrikaans Wikipedia

  • R500 token award for person making the 2 millionth edit
  • Surprise
  • 1700 edits away from 2 millionth edit
  • Initial support, but then discussion about conflict of interest, some knowing about the prize in advance and others not
  • There will be social media posts afterwards to recognise this milestone, Adri will coordinate
  • Agreed that those who are aware of it are not eligible

[edit] Events

[edit] Madrid

  • Douglas needs to report back

[edit] Cape Town Meetup

[edit] Goethe Institute

  • Bobby met with them in Berlin. Bobby presented along with German chapter, GI wants to integrate ?
  • GI will provide with venue, catering and internet for workshops
  • Expressed interest in sponsoring attendees to Wikimania. Too late for this year, request to be asked in time for future years
  • There were no attendees from Cape Town center, but same applies.
  • Coenraad: Can we need to send them an official thank you letter? - Yes, as a chapter. Bobby to draft letter, and ask for Cape Town contact person.

[edit] Puku

  • No followup yet, Bobby still tying to confirm a date

[edit] Rhodes - June 28 - July 2

  • Deon attending
  • Rossouw' was due to attend, but flights from Namibia too expensive (R8500), unfortunately we cannot afford. Bobby has volunteered to go.
  • Friday meeting with Wynand(?) to confirm schedule (Bobby, Deon and Douglas - Bobby will forward email)
  • Whitelist IP, create dashboard, track new members
  • Meeting on Friday

[edit] Climate Change workshop

[edit] Communication and social media channels, infrastructure

  • Twitter: 1407 followers -> 1414
  • Facebook (Afrikaans): 309 members -> 308
  • Facebook (English): 957 follows (904 likes) -> 962 (908)
  • Instagram 110 Followers
  • Mailing list (Afrikaans): 312 members. Suspect most are fake, aol addresses, no valid activity for years -> 312
  • Mailing list (English): 284 members -> 284
  • Meetup: 85 members -> 92
  • Youtube: 47 subscribers -> 47
  • Zulip: 13 users -> 13

[edit] Next Meeting

  • Tue 02 July 7pm
Personal tools

Get Involved
Wikimania 2018